IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, INDIA, AND UNITED ARAB AMARATES
Who we are
The Website is owned and operated by Getintojobs.
- Non-Personal Data: Data that is not considered Personal Data under applicable law. We reserve the right to treat data as Personal Data or Non-Personal Data based on the law applicable to the data and the data subject.
- Personal Data: Any information or pieces of information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you or your personal device either directly (e.g., your name) or, where required by applicable law indirectly (e.g., through pseudonymized data, such as a unique ID number). This means that Personal Data includes things like email/home addresses, usernames, user-generated content, financial information, and health information. It could also include certain Technical Data (defined below) such as unique numerical identifiers like your computer’s IP address or your mobile device’s MAC address, as well as cookies (“Device IDs”), where required by applicable law.
- Special Categories of Personal Data: Sensitive Personal Data that reveals the racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs or trade union membership; genetic and biometric data; and Data concerning health, sex life, or sexual orientation.
3. DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
A. Personal Data
As permitted by applicable law in the country from which you access our Website and use our Services, we may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Data about you. We have grouped these into the following categories of Personal Data:
- “Identity Data” such as first name, maiden name, last name, resume/CV, Social Media profile, username, or similar identifier.
- “Contact Data” such as a physical address, email address, social media address, telephone number, and any other contact information you provide to us.
- “Financial Data” such as payment card details. However, please note that payment methods (e.g., credit card number and/or PayPal and/or bank account details) are not collected by us directly, but by secure payment service providers.
- “Transaction Data” such as details about payments to and from you, and details regarding the services that you have subscribed to or purchased through a ZipRecruiter Website.
- “Technical Data” such as Device IDs, your login data, access dates and times, browser type and version, device information, cookie data, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Website.
- “Profile Data” such as your username and password, orders made by you, preferences, user-generated content, job searches, candidate searches, job applications, feedback, and survey responses.
- “Usage Data” such as information about how you use our Website, products, and services.
- “Marketing and Communications Data” such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
B. Non-Personal Data
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your Personal Data but is not considered Personal Data since it does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
C. If You Fail to Provide Personal Data Where Such Data is Required to Provide Services to You
Where we need to collect Personal Data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, or a prospective contract, and you fail to provide that Personal Data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). If so, we may have to cancel the service you have with us (or have requested from us), and you accept that as a condition of service.
D. Data That You Should Not Provide to Us
Getinjobs does not require any Special Categories of Personal Data about you in order for you to utilize the Getinjobs Website. If you are submitting your resume to our database or sharing your resume with a prospective employer directly using a job application feature on the Getinjobs Website, please carefully consider the information that is contained within your resume and ensure that you are not providing any sensitive or other information that is not necessary for your job application or job search.
4. HOW DATA IS COLLECTED
We use different methods to collect Personal Data from and about you including, for example:
A. Direct Interaction with Us
You may give us your Identity Data, Contact Data, Financial Data, Profile Data, and other information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes Personal Data you provide when you:
- sign-up for a free trial
- sign-up for a paid subscription
- create an account on our Website
- request information to be sent to you
- submit your CV/resume to our resume database
- give us feedback
- apply to a job posted on our Website
- sign up for email or SMS job alerts
B. Third Parties
We may receive Personal Data in the form of Technical Data and Usage Data about you from various third-parties such as analytics providers or advertising networks.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
A. Use of Non-Personal Data
B. Use of Personal Data
In the table below, we have described (i) in what context your Personal Data was collected, i.e., what activity you were involved in when we collected or used your Personal Data; (ii) the types of Personal Data that we hold about you; (iii) how and why we use your Personal Data; and (iv) the reasons we hold and use your Personal Data. We will amend the table as required. We have also provided you with an explanation of some of the terms we use in this table:
(a) ‘User Experience’ means our goals in conducting and managing our business, to give you the best user experience when using our Website, products, and Services.
(b) ‘Performance of Contract’ means processing your Personal Data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
(c) ‘Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation’ means processing your Personal Data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject.
6. WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
A. Personal Data
We may share Personal Data with the following parties:
- Companies within our corporate family that comprise the ZipRecruiter Group. Access to your Personal Data will be controlled and only granted where necessary to provide our services to you and/or to allow us to perform any necessary or legitimate functions.
- Service providers that we use to support our business and/or help provide our services to you, including, but not limited to, third parties that host our Website, assist us to verify your identity, perform website and platform maintenance, risk assessments, and security, perform data and web analytics, provide databases, IT services, customer service, payment platforms, and credit card processing, communication services, and email services. These service providers may be located in the United States and/or other countries
- Professional advisers, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance, financial, auditing, and accounting services to us so we can operate our business.
- Taxing authorities, such as the Internal Revenue Service and other authorities acting as processors based in the United States, the United Kingdom, and other applicable countries, who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Fraud prevention and identity verification services where we believe that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ZipRecruiter, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with third parties for the purposes of fraud detection and prevention and credit risk reduction.
7. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information (as defined by the California Shine the Light Act) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless we provide them with an ability to exercise choice regarding such disclosures. We comply with this law by providing California residents with the ability to opt-out of, or prospectively withdraw their consent, if they have previously opted-in to, the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, to receive confirmation of how we comply with this law, or to make a request or to opt-out at any time, please contact us or mail us at the address provided here; [email protected]. Any request must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and must include the requestor’s name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code.
8. DATA SECURITY
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Data we process about you.
However, no transmission of information via the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Data, you acknowledge that there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control and accordingly, the security, integrity and privacy of data exchanged between you and us through the Website cannot be guaranteed.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
The safety and security of your Personal Data also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your login or account credentials with anyone and keep your account information secure. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards, where information will be available to other users of the Website. If you believe that your access credentials or Personal Data have been compromised, please contact us immediately.
9. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
Our Website may from time to time, contain links to third-party services such as websites, locations, platforms, applications or services operated by third parties. If you follow a link to or otherwise access any of these third-party services, these third-party services may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other Tracking Technology to independently collect information about you and may solicit Personal Data from you. Please note that these third-party services have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these parties’ policies or practices. Please check these policies before you share any Personal Data with these third-party services.
The Website may include tools provided by us or third-party services that enable you to send a message to another person. If you use any such tools, please ensure that you only send messages to persons to whom you have permission to send messages. Absent the recipient’s consent, we will only use their Personal Data that you provide us to facilitate such messages.
Cookies and Web Beacons
DoubleClick DART Cookie
.:: Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to getintojobs.com and other sites on the Internet.
getintojobs.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
10. QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS
If you have a complaint, or if you have any questions or requests regarding your Personal Data, please email us at [email protected], and specify the country in which you are located. We welcome the opportunity to help you with any concerns or questions you have about the use of our services.