Relief Clerk (Transit)
- Part time
- Waterloo, Ontario, Canada View on Map
- posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted : October 6, 2020 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 43
Provides administrative and clerical support to Transit Services management and staff on an interim basis or for special assignments. Counts daily cash and ticket farebox revenues, and prepares bank deposits.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of office procedures, administrative/bookkeeping systems, word processing, and communication skills, acquired through a grade 12 education plus 2 years of related experience, 1 year which includes cash handling experience.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow corporate policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of automotive parts and components.
- Time management and organizational skills to work independently; meet deadlines; and assist management and staff by meeting program needs, and changing priorities.
- Communication skills to relate effectively with all levels of staff; respond to inquiries from staff; and participate as an effective team member.
- Ability to read and edit program reports, manuals, pamphlets, fliers, other resource material, and minutes. Ability to write correspondence; complete forms, bank deposit slips and internal count forms, purchase and cheque requisitions; maintain records; and record messages, lists, minutes, and statistics.
- Computer skills with ability to use software such as Microsoft Office and a document management system. Ability to operate equipment according to vendor instructions.
- Must provide an acceptable Police Information Check (Level 2)—for bondability.
- Ability to support and demonstrate the Region’s values.
Please apply online, by the closing date Oct 09, 2020 quoting competition number 2020-2023.