Patient Service Clerk
- Full time
- Barrie, Ontario, Canada View on Map
- posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : October 7, 2020 -Accepting applications
- Salary: $25.70 - $30.10 / Yearly
- View(s) 16
The RVH COVID testing clinic sees and tests patients for COVID-19. The format of this clinic and its processes are constantly evolving and fluid as the pandemic situation changes as one of the RVH strategies to address COVID 19 in our community. Currently the clinic is a very busy location with hundreds of patients seen every day. Clinic staff is comprised of both clerical staff and nursing staff to perform the required functions. Staff working in the clinic may be required to wear full droplet contact precautions for long periods of time.
As the Patient Services Clerk you will be is responsible for answering the phone, booking appointments, registering patients, walking outside and recording patient demographic information and ongoing communication with the entire clinic team. Other clerical duties for this clinic are assigned based on need and in accordance with the organizational philosophy, policies and standards of the Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre.
As a qualified candidate you will have the following job requirements:
- Medical Office Administration Certificate/Diploma or Equivalent Program
- Current experience with Meditech, including registration, EMR, order entry and appointment scheduling – essential Office administration experience in a hospital environment or equivalent
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office – essential II
- Keyboarding skills – 50wpm – essential
- Current experience in the processing of physicians orders – essential.
You will be a great fit for this position if you have:
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and function effectively in a busy environment
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using both oral and written format with patients, families, public, colleagues and other members of the interprofessional team
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, multi-task environment
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning