Covid-19 Service Associate
- Part time
- Hamilton, Ontario, Canada View on Map
- posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : October 8, 2020 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 76
Temporary assignment – approximately 8 weeks
This position is to help support healthcare staff during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Covid-19 service associate will be responsible for utilizing the screening tools provided to assess eligibility for entrance, including screening for signs and symptoms based on the questions in the screening tool. The Covid-19 service associate will verify eligibility for entrance for all entrance into the hospital whether it be patients, visitors or staff by identification badge, screen for symptoms, and refer individuals for secondary screening if required. The Health Care Worker may / will be asked to work in an alternate health facility or congregate setting such as a Long term care facility, retirement home or other community setting.
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalentVolunteer or formal training in a health care setting a definite asset
- Effective interpersonal and courteous communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as a member of the health care team and develops good working relationships/partnerships with others in the hospital
- Strong customer service experience with demonstrated success in conflict resolution
- Strong decision-making skills
- Possess the ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work on feet for extended period of time
- Work in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to accept assignment or delegated functions
- Ability to set priorities and organize work accordingly
- The primary role of the Screener is to greet and screen all staff, physicians, patients, caregivers and visitors who enter the Hospital
- Ensure screening areas are clean, presentable and organized
- Ensure proper infection control equipment/clothing is worn and distributed
- Educate fellow staff, patients and visitors of appropriate PPE
- Assist with screening measures such as asking 3 questions on the screening form and taking temperature readings.
- Assist staff, patients, visitors visiting the hospital sites directing them to the appropriate area
- Support staff with ad hoc requests and/or other duties as assigned
- Assist with many services to assist the patient through the hospital to appt etc.
- Work closely with a variety healthcare professional staff such as RN’s, admins…etc.
- Liaise with patients and visitors assist with their needs
- Other duties as assigned
HOURS OF WORK
Days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
St. Joseph’s Nursing Vision is to make a difference in the lives of those we care for, our organization, and the future of our community through achievement of excellence in nursing and commitment to a culture of nursing innovation, empowerment, leadership and accountability