- Full time Part time
- Hamilton, Ontario, Canada View on Map
- posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted : October 7, 2020 -Accepting applications
- Salary: $25.41 - $25.93 / Hourly
- View(s) 7
Job Number: 83941
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Juravinski Hospital
Organization: BREAST SCREENING
Status: Regular Full-time
Hours per week: 22.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: CUPE 7800
Minimum Salary: 25.4080 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 25.9265
Post Date: Oct 6, 2020, 11:00:00 PM
Close Date (Period for Applying) – External: Oct 13, 2020, 10:59:00 PM
The CIBC Breast Assessment Centre (BAC) is a multidisciplinary organized breast assessment centre bringing expertise in radiology, pathology, surgery, medical radiation technology, ultrasound, nursing and genetic counselling. The CIBC BAC will provide rapid diagnostic evaluation to women who are symptomatic and/or have a screen-detected abnormality identified through routine breast screening or cancer surveillance screening and ensure timely navigation to surgical or medical treatment. The CIBC BAC will provide radiology support for breast surgical procedures.
The Booking Clerk is accountable and reports to the Manager of the CIBC Breast Assessment Centre. As a member of the multidisciplinary health care team, the Booking Clerk is responsible for booking all types of breast screening and assessment appointments, OBSP High Risk Screening Genetic Counselling appointments and follow-up surgical appointments. The Booking Clerk liaises between patients, families and physicians (both internal and community). The Booking Clerk works directly with Surgeons, Radiologists, Technologists, Nursing and Genetic Counsellors to facilitate the flow of the multidisciplinary clinic.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday, days
1. Community College Diploma in Medical Office Administration program.
2. Minimum 2 years recent and relevant experience in a multidisciplinary clinic environment with a minimum of 1 year booking experience.
3. Medical Terminology certificate I and II or demonstrated knowledge acquired in a different clerical position (subject to testing).
4. Demonstrated proficiency in registration, Meditech , Community Wide Scheduling, Meditech Magic and ITS.
5. Demonstrated understanding of privacy and confidentiality policies.
6. Demonstrated proficiency in keyboarding and typing skills of 45 wpm (subject to testing).
7. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients, families and other members of the healthcare team, both verbally and written.
8. Demonstrated knowledge and skill in using computers, MS Windows, Outlook and Word.
9. Knowledge of the Ontario Breast Screening Program Integrated Client Management system preferred.
10.Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement